South Orange River Day
Come to the River!
South Orange River Day is an annual community gathering to clean up the South Orange section of the Rahway River, celebrate South Orange as a great place to live, and promote environmental education and awareness.
This year’s event will include:
• SOPAC Ticket Giveaway
• Live Music
• Free Snacks From Eden Gourmet
• Volunteer River Clean Up
• Educational Walking Tour Of Our River at 11 am
• Edible Plants Walk at 12 noon
• Bike Tour With The South Orange/Maplewood Bicycle Coalition (SOMbike) at 1pm
• Used Bike Donation to Newark Bike Exchange
• NJ Watershed Ambassador Exhibit
• River Greenway Project – Plans of Next Phase on Display
• SHU Ultimate Frisbee Clinic
• Visit Tony Smith’s monumental sculpture
• Model Boat FUN Float On The Pond w/ South Orange Seaport Society
• Project Porchlight
• And More
Where and When?
Sunday May 6th, 2012 from 11 am to 4 pm at the Skate House on the duck pond off of Mead Street in South Orange.